- proposed - The submitting laboratory is attempting to perform this assay. There is no raw data with this experiment yet.
- started - This assay has been started. There is at least one replicate with submitted FASTQs.
- submitted - This assay has all of its associated fastq’s submitted to the DCC.
- ready for review - The submitting laboratory has submitted all data associated with this assay and feels that it is ready to be reviewed. In order to transition to "ready for review" from "submitted", the submitting laboratory changes the status to signal to the DCC that this assay is a candidate for release.
- released - This assay is released to the public. In order to transition to "released" from "ready for review" there should be no red audits, the submitting lab and the data wrangler should be satisfied with the metadata and all orange audits should be explained.
- replaced - This assay has been merged with another experiment and the experiments should now share accessions. This is usually the case when multiple objects were created for the same experiment. This state is special because the accession of a "replaced" object is available for reuse and should be given to the new merged experiment as an alternate_accession.
- revoked - This assay was deemed erroroneous or significantly below standards after it had been released. A revoked experiment should have its associated files and libraries revoked as well. Ideally, the reason for revoking will be found in the submitter_comments.
- archived - This assay was not revoked for being faulty, however, in most cases there is more current data available using more current methods. These experiments should have superseded_by value for the experiment that replaces them. Ideally, the reason for archiving will be found in the submitter_comments.
- deleted - This assay was removed before it was released. Information may possibly be found in the notes field.
- uploading - The file should be uploading to the Amazon S3 bucket.
- upload failed - The file failed to upload to the Amazon S3 bucket.
- content error - The file failed format check or uniqueness checks.
- in progress - This file has been successfully uploaded.
- released - This file is released to the public.
- replaced - This file object is merged with another. Either the files are duplicates in (content) md5sum or the format was found faulty and replaced with a remedied file. Replaced is a special status because it allowes the accession to be reused. The replacing file should now have this accession in alternate_accessions.
- revoked - This file was deemed erroroneous or significantly below standards after it had been released. A revoked file should have some reason for revoking in the notes field.
- archived - This file is considered superfluous or outdated. There is nothing wrong with the file, but it is considered an extra to the experiment.
- deleted - This file was removed before it was released.